Surrounding the monument were various marquees which included a cinema with free popcorn, market stalls from various organisations supporting the day, the village centre underneath Grey’s Monument with dancing, poetry and many live performances engaging the general public and all the fantastic volunteers together to dance and enjoy the day.
A free post office marquee where you could send a free post card to a member off your family or a friend to show your support, a kids zone, an area where you could talk to someone if you need support. Free cups off tea and coffee/ cakes to everyone who wanted to share there own story and support one another. One of the games from the kids zone where to find the teddy bears that where hidden around the marquees, and a prize was given out. There were goodie bags given out with badges, postcards, information leaflets, and much more.
And a pledge board where members off the public could have there picture taken with pledges to support Mental Health Awareness off which 1 in 4 off us may suffer from with at any moment throughout their life. This was regularly being updated on twitter throughout the day, and local MP‘s pledged their own support.
The energy throughout the day was fabulous, the weather bright & sunny and the view downhill from grey’s monument breathtaking.
Support from the general public was outstanding. Overall an inspirational day to everyone that supported it.
And a huge thankyou to all the volunteers, Launchpad & Time to Change for making this day work.
Volunteers wanted for the Time To Change Event In Lewisham – See link
- North East Mental Health Day, Newcastle upon Tyne, Saturday 5 October 2013 (hearingthevoice.org)
- Outrun the Stigma: The Run for Mental Health Awareness (inakigomez.com)
- Mental Health Awareness – Bank Holiday – Leeds & Reading Festival – SAD – Mental Health Awareness campaign – Real radio – Yorkshire (gedicreativeminds.wordpress.com)
- Mental Health Awareness Week….[AUDIO] (bagladyboutiqe.wordpress.com)
- Carlisle Vigil Inspires Hope for Mental Health (fox43.com)
- WE’RE LOOKING FOR VOLUNTEERS to help break down mental health stigma (slamtwigops.wordpress.com)
- #Newcastle upon #Tyne. Left, Grey’s Monument. Too Right, building on Beckett Street. Bottom Right, Grainger Steet, view from #Monument. #Geordie (mosstraveltv.wordpress.com)
- Seeking Creativity to write – Painting – Food – Mental Blocks – Mental Health Awareness (gedicreativeminds.wordpress.com)
- Time To Talk Campaign (thepositivevibesproject.com)
- “Please Join Me In Fighting *STIGMA*~ For People with Mental Illness & in Addiction Recovery” (catherinelyonaddictedtodimes.wordpress.com)